UP Xtreme i11 Edge Compute Enabling Kit
Unleashing the new UP Xtreme i11 Edge Compute Enabling Kit, powered by the 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors with Iris® Xe graphics. It delivers greater performance and better efficiency for both general purpose applications and Artificial Intelligence (AI) on the edge. Leveraging the next generation network for IoT devices, this 5G enabled platform (with optional modem) can efficiently connect and collaborate between edge and the cloud.
With power-efficient compute and graphics, the UP Xtreme i11 Edge Compute Enabling Kit is optimized for speed, reliability, and efficiency. The integration of new Iris® Xe graphics boasts 96EUs, the most powerful integrated graphics available. It offers a strong set of features, in particular: 40Pin GPIO header, Dual Ethernet 1Gbps i219 plus 2.5 Gbps i225, multiple video output via HDMI 2.0b, DP 1.4, eDP, and Type-C USB.
NOTE: Please note that ADC is currently not working due to kernel regression (future kernel releases will fix the issue).
NOTE: Please note that the latest NVM for i225 IT Ethernet controller is not working in Ubuntu Linux. Please refer here for more info.
For more information, please refer to UP Xtreme i11 wiki page.
The latest 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processor with Intel Iris Xe graphic (formerly Tiger Lake UP3) powers the UP Xtreme i11 Edge Compute Enabling Kit and clocks up to 4.4 GHz with only 28 watts TDP and 15 watts cTDP.
Intel® Iris® Xe graphics provide up to 96EU, which is nearly twice the performance of corresponding Ice Lake Gen 11 at the same TDP.
- NVMe, USB 3.2, USB 4.0 Type C
- 5G supported for ultra-reliable low latency communications
- Intel® Ethernet Controller i225 runs 2.5 Gbps Speed
- 40-pin I/O expansion powered by Intel® Altera MAX 5 to provide compatibility with all the expansions. (for system, it will be from 16-pin GPIO)
- M.2 2230 E key, M.2 2280 M key, M.2 3052 B Key, PCIe [x4] to allow for seamless integration.
- Ready to connect: 5G, WiFi (WiFi 5/WiFi 6), Bluetooth
Industrial & Security
- Supports standard industry 12V power input with a lockable power connector
- Reduce latency and minimize jitter with Intel® Time Coordinated Computing (TCC) and time-sensitive networking (TSN) technology
- Industrial I/Os: COM Ports (RS232/422/485), Phoenix Connector
- TPM 2.0 & In-Band ECC Supported
- Optimize resource allocation for AI interference at the edge via Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit across CPU, GPU, and VPU
- Optional VPU by adding UP AI Core XM2280*, speed up your AI development by leveraging samples and various pre-trained models that come with the kit
*UP AI Core XM2280: for UPX-EDGE-TGLi7-A10-16128-FDAI & UPX-EDGETGLi5-A10-16128-FDAI only
Production-ready computing system
UP Xtreme i11 Edge Compute Enabling Kit is production-ready for multiple vertical markets for robotics, automation, retail, AI and IoT. Worldwide shipping in 7 days.
The kit comes with Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit pre-loaded to make your AI and computer vision application faster. It is also compatible with Intel® OneAPI, which is easy to install via command line.
- UP Xtreme i11 Edge Compute Enabling Kit with the latest Intel® 11th Gen Core SoC, up to 4.4GHz
- Intel® UHD Graphics (Core™ i3) / Intel® Iris XE (Core™ i5 & i7)
|System||UP Xtreme i11|
|SoC||Intel® Core™ i7-1185GRE (up to 4.4 GHz)
Intel® Core™ i5-1145GRE (up to 4.1 GHz)
Intel® Core™ i3-1115GRE (up to 3.9 GHz)
Intel® Celeron® 6305E (up to 1.8 GHz)
|# of Cores||i3-1115GRE/ Celeron 6305E-Duo Core
|Graphics||Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics – i7-1185GRE/i5-1145GRE
Intel® UHD Graphics for 11th Gen Intel® Processors-i3-1115GRE/ Celeron 6305E
|VPU||Optional via M.2 2280|
|FPGA||Intel® FPGA Altera Max V for 40-pin GP-bus|
|System memory||2x DDR4 2 channel SO-DIMM VERTICAL MAX 64GB @ 3200MT/s|
|Storage capacity||via 1x SATA 3.0 CONN with POWER CONN / 1xM.2 2280 M key (combo 2x PCIE[x1]) NVME|
|Compatible operating system||Microsoft Windows 10 full version
Yocto project 3.0/3.1 Kernel 5.4
|Power||12V DC-IN (lockable connector)|
|Power supply type||AT/ATX (default AT mode)|
|Power consumption (typical)||60W|
|Dimension (L x W)||120 mm x 122mm|
|Operating temperature||32°F ~ 140°F (0°C ~ 60°C)|
|Storage temperature||-40°F ~ 176°F (-40°C ~ 80°C)|
|Operating humidity||0% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Certification||CE/FCC Class A, RoHS compliant|
|Others||4 LEDs YRGB (under ethernet port)
1x power button
1x reset button
|Accessories||1x RTC battery
1x active heatsink
|Country of origin||Taiwan|
|HDMI||1 (HDMI 2.0b)|
|DP||1x DP+ 1x USB Type C ( 1x DP 1.4/ USB4.0)|
|MIPI DSI/ eDP||1 x eDP (4K@60hz)|
|Audio||HDMI Audio x 1, DP Audio x 1, Soundwire Codec for Audio Out/Mic In/, I2S|
|USB||3x USB 3.2 Gen 2 (Type A)
1x USB 2.0
1x USB 4.0 (Type C)
|UART||1 x HSUART (pin header)|
|Serial port||Fintek F81801,2x RS232/422/485|
|HDD interface||1 x SATA 3.0|
|Expansion slot||1x M.2 2280 M key (support NVME SSD)
1x M.2 2230 E key
1x M.2 3052 B key
1x PCI-E[X4] (adapter board accessory required)
|AIO/DIO||via GP bus|
|Others||Infineon TPM SLB9670 on board|
|Ethernet||1 x 1GbLAN (i219), 1x 2.5Gb LAN (i225),
*vPRO is only available in i7/i5 CPU
|WiFi 5/6||Optional (via M.2 2230) — Intel® AC9260 card|
|Bluetooth||Optional (via M.2 2230) — Intel® AC9260 card|
|LTE/4G/ 5G||Optional (via M.2 3042/3052)|
What can you achieve with this kit?
UP Xtreme i11 Edge Compute Enabling Kit has a M.2 3052 slot to support 5G modules to enable ultra-low latency and reliable transmission of data to/from masses of IoT devices, which ensures the convergence of 5G, AI, Cloud Computing, Data Analytics, and IIOT.
Combined with Intel AI Accelerator and Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, it accelerates Computer Vision (CV) and Deep Learning Inference from Edge to Cloud. It also offers pre-trained models, and pre-optimized kernels to increase performance for AI.
Everything gets smarter when 5G and AI are integrated. Gigabyte speed and access to massive amounts of data provides a good foundation for AI to evolve. Ultra reliable, low latency allows AI to seamlessly work within/with all IoT devices.
- I/O interfaces include USB 4.0 Type-C, USB 3.2 Type-A, Ethernet Controller i225, and HDMI 2.0b.
- 40-pin GP-bus gives the flexibilities to connect a variety of sensors and displays
- High computing and graphic capability with low power consumption, perfect for AMR
- Powerful CPU and VPU with improved communication capabilities
- Supports OpenVINO for improved AI in Object/intrusion detection, face recognition and monitoring
- 5G enabled for future Smart Homes and Cities
- Improved applications in AR and 3D Vision performance engines with faster GPU
- 12 V DC input ready for industrial use
- TSN real-time network with support for TPM 2.0 and In-Band ECC
- Enables Massive Machine-Type Communication (mMTC)
- Ultra-Reliable Low Latency Communication with Enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB) via 5G
- Faster and more efficient video analytics to leverage end user’s shopping capabilities
- 5G enabled low latency communication for Drone deliveries
- AI and IoT enabled for better logistical operations
- Future of healthcare with 5G for remote patient monitoring and telemedicine appointments
- IoT with healthcare via wearable devices
UP Xtreme i11 Edge Compute Enabling Kit