UP Squared Pro
After the success of UP², an official Intel AI & IoT platform, we give you the UP Squared Pro. Based on the latest generation processors for Intel’s platform (formerly Apollo Lake), UP Squared Pro is the latest addition to our wide range of UP products. It is built for industrial use with multiple serial ports, multiple LAN ports, 5G support, and various M.2 expansion slots. Enable next-generation automation and AI solutions with enhanced display performance and latest media hardware acceleration with AI accelerators, powered by extension capabilities to Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X or the upcoming Intel Movidius™ chip.
UP Squared Pro is capable of providing speed, intelligence, and flexibility to industrial-level IoT applications with intense media processing capabilities, while also being extremely power-efficient. It is designed to offer quick and easy solutions right from the installation until the deployment process.
Unleash the future of industrial automation and AI vision with 5G connectivity and take your Edge solutions to the PRO level.
With Intel processors, FPGAs and accelerators, deliver power-efficient performance and specialized capabilities for new industrial use cases by offering perfect solutions for Automation, Robotics, Drones, Machine Vision, and Internet of Things.
Unleash the power of Intel Atom® processor/ Intel® Celeron® processor/ Intel® Pentium® processor, formerly Apollo Lake, these Intel Atom®, Celeron®, and Pentium® processors are available with up to quad-core, 14 nm processors running at up to 2.5 GHz.
With the UP2 Pro offering efficient and powerful edge intelligence for IoT solutions. It empowers
- real-time computing in digital surveillance,
- new in-vehicle experiences,
- advancements in industrial,
- office automation,
- new solutions for retail
- agriculture, and more!
Industrial & Secure
UP² Pro is made for industrial use and comes with 12V-24V (DC-in) lockable power connector.
Provides bounded maximum latency for scheduled traffic through switched Ethernet networks via Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN).
Real-time TSN support via 2x GbLAN.
Hardware TPM 2.0 onboard.
Industrial I/Os: COM Ports (2x RS232/422/485), HDMI 1.4b, DP 1.2 with 4K @ 60 Hz, eDP display ports, audio mic-in/line-out I/O, and more!
5G supported for ultra-reliable low latency communications.
Achieve complete industrial automation with advanced AI applications requiring powerful media-performance and immersive 3D graphics.
Take advantage of the latest media hardware acceleration, and faster memory speeds: up to 8GB of LPDDR4.
Powerful video analytics with multiple 1080p30 decode streams to deliver high-level performance for surveillance and other video-centric applications
- Integration of Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Vision Analytics.
- Optional VPUs powered by Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X (UP AI Core XM) and the upcoming Intel Movidius™ chip to accelerate AI in industrial automation running in 5G era.
With 40-pin* HAT expansion and versatile I/O:
- audio ports mic-in/ line-out,
- M.2 2230 E key,
- M.2 2280 M key,
- M.2 3052 B Key
UP2 Pro offers seamless integration, and it is ready to connect for 5G, AI accelerator, WiFi, Bluetooth.
(for system, expansion is from 16-pin GPIO)
Production-ready computing system
- UP Squared Pro with the powerful Intel® Apollo Lake, up to 2.5GHz (Celeron® N3350 / Pentium® N4200 / Atom® x7-E3950)
- Intel® HD Graphics
- 1x Passive Heatsink
- 1x RTC Battery
- Intel® Media SDK (Intel® Quick Sync Video)
- Intel® Computer Vision SDK, DirectX* 12, and OpenGL* 4.3
- Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit 2020.3.1 LTS
- Intel® Distribution for Python*
|UP board version||UP Squared Pro|
|SoC||Intel® Celeron® Duo Core N3350 (up to 2.4 GHz)
Intel® Pentium®Quad Core N4200 (up to 2.5 GHz)
Intel Atom® Quad Core x7-E3950 Processor (up to 2.0 GHz)
|Processor TDP||6W – 12W depends on CPU|
|VPU||Optional via M.2 2280|
|Graphics||Intel® HD Graphics 500 for Intel® Celeron® N3350
Intel® HD Graphics 505 for Intel® Pentium® N4200 / Intel Atom® x7-E3950
|FPGA||Intel® FPGA Altera MAX 10|
|Compatible operating system||Microsoft Windows 10 full version, Linux ( Ubuntu, Yocto)|
|Power||12V~24V DC-IN (lockable connector)
1x Power Button / LED
|Power supply type||AT/ATX|
|Power consumption (typical)||20W|
|Operating temperature||0°C-60°C (32°F ~ 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C ~ 80°C (-40°F ~ 176°F)|
|Operating humidity||0% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Certification||CE/FCC Class A|
|Country of Origin||Taiwan|
|HDMI||1 (HDMI 1.4b)|
|DP||1x DP 1.2 (4K@60hz)|
|MIPI DSI/ eDP||1 x eDP|
|Audio||1x Mic in,
1x Line out
|USB||3x USB 3.0 Type A
1x USB 3.0 OTG
|UART||2 x UART (Tx/Rx) debug port (pin header)|
|Serial port||2x RS232/422/485|
|HDD interface||1x SATA 3.0|
|Expansion Slot||1x M.2 E key 2230
1x M.2 M key 2280
1x M.2 B key co-lay 3042/3052
|SIM slot||Nano SIM|
|Others||Infineon TPM SLB9670 on board|
|Ethernet||2x GbLAN (Intel i210 AT) support TSN|
|WiFi||Optional (via M.2 2230) — Intel® AC9260 card|
|Bluetooth||Optional (via M.2 2230) — Intel® AC9260 card|
|LTE/4G/ 5G||Optional (via M.2 3042/3052 B co-lay)|
|Net weight||219 gm|
|Product dimension||101.6 x 101.6mm (4″ x 4″)|
What can you achieve with this kit?
Industrial 5G – Orchestration between 5G & Industrial Automation
This board comes with 5G connectivity which enables ultra low latency and reliable transmission of data via the connected masses of IoT devices. The Intel Atom® processor 3900 series also offers exceptional efficiency with real-time video analytics at the edge for developers using the Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ opening new opportunities for media-rich application engineers.
Combined with Intel AI Accelerator and Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, it accelerates Computer Vision (CV) and Deep Learning Inference from Edge to Cloud. It also offers pre-trained models, and pre-optimized kernels to increase performance for AI.
When 5G and AI combine with Industrial Automation, you get ultra-fast speed and comprehensive AI analytics with low latency via the connected IoT devices seamlessly. This includes enhanced mobile applications in manufacturing and maintenance, as well as autonomous vehicles or AMRs in Logistics, AR, and VR applications.
- 12 V – 24 V DC input ready for industrial use
- Support for TPM 2.0 on board
- Enables Massive Machine-Type Communication (mMTC)
- Ultra-Reliable Low Latency Communication with Enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB) via 5G
- I/O interfaces include USB 3.0 OTG, USB 3.2 Type-A, Intel® Ethernet Controller i210, and HDMI 1.4b
- 40-pin GP-bus gives the flexibilities to connect a variety of sensors and displays
- High computing and graphic capability with low power consumption, perfect for AMRs (Autonomous Mobile Robot)
- Next-generation 5G enabled robotics achieving low latency and seamless solutions
- Faster and more efficient video analytics to leverage end user’s shopping behaviour
- 5G enabled low latency communication for CMS content updates
- AI and IoT enabled for better logistical operations and marketing strategies
- Comes with HDMI 1.4b, DP 1.2 with 4K @ 60 Hz, and eDP display ports
- Audio mic-in/line-out for external audio connections
- Powerful CPU and VPU with improved communication capabilities
- Supports OpenVINO for improved AI in Object/intrusion detection, face recognition and monitoring
- 5G enabled for future Smart Industries and Cities
- Improved applications in AR and 3D Vision performance engines with faster GPU
- Increase agricultural gains by connecting your IoT devices for control and management
- Enhance yield rate through AI vision and use of AMRs
- Improve sustainability of land and livestock by using smart agricultural analytics
UP Squared Pro